For three years, CS GROUP has been coordinating the European project ALADDIN – Advanced hoListic Adverse Drone Detection, Identification Neutralization. It is funded by the H2020 Research and Innovation programme (Grant Agreement 740859).
CS GROUP coordinates the European project ALADDIN – Advanced hoListic Adverse Drone Detection, Identification Neutralization.
In addition to coordinating the project, CS GROUP provides the core of the system, thanks to the command & control (C2) component exploiting Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality technologies for greater performance in threat detection and identification. In November, CS GROUP had the opportunity to present the results of this work to various European organisations in charge of citizen protection:
- To ILEANET, a network of European security forces designed to research and promote innovative solutions. ALADDIN therefore has its full place in this network and was the subject of a remote demonstration in front of 80 attendees.
- At the Commission’s Directorate General for Migration and Home Affairs (DG HOME) which organized a CoU – community of users workshop dedicated to the UAV threat. In addition to a cross presentation of solutions to the issue, this workshop included a phase of exchanges on topics related to citizen security in cities with a large number of UAVs. Participants included members of the European Commission, law enforcement agencies, industry and academia.
- Finally, CS GROUP led the third project workshop, bringing together some 50 people from European security forces, to present the results of the project.
To cope with the threat posed by unmanned aerial vehicles, CS GROUP demonstrated that the company is at the heart of European action on this subject. Confrontation with users is essential, enabling us to gather operational requirements, present our solution and explain our choices. The presentations encountered broad support. The confrontation with other manufacturers also shows the relevance of our choices and the excellence of our solution.
The final review of the project is scheduled for February 2021.
The ALADDIN consortium consists of 17 European partners, comprising both technical partners (industrial companies, small-medium enterprises, research centers and academic institutes) and end-user representatives of Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) and critical infrastructure operators.
The consortium is supported by external and internal boards.
The current participants come from 9 European nations:
- France (CS GROUP, MC2, HGH, MIF with its linked third-party CIVIPOL),
- Spain (FADA CATEC, Acciona, Madrid Police),
- Italy (IDS, MIPS),
- Greece (CERTH, KEMEA),
- Poland (PIAP, SIRC),
- Germany (Fraunhofer IDMT),
- Belgium (VUB),
- Portugal (PJ)
- UK (Home Office / DSTL).
CS GROUP is a major actor in the design, integration and operation of intelligent & cyber-protected mission-critical systems. CS GROUP is listed on Euronext Paris – Compartment C (Shares: Euroclear 7896 / ISIN FR 0007317813).
Barbara GOARANT – Phone: +33 (0)1 41 28 46 94